In this introduction to gender identity, class, and technology, we will explore the concept of “invisible labor,” including how it shapes our perception of what work is and who deserves to get paid to do it.
In this interactive workshop, we will learn:
- The nine dimensions of social class
- The definition of invisible labor and its impacts on the representation of marginalized genders in the workforce
- The cost of caregiving and the “labor of love” myth
- How the role of invisible labor drives under-representation and pay inequity in technology, especially for those with intersectional identities
- Three ways to promote gender justice in the technology industry